Understanding 'Which Of My Cards Did Not Work Yesterday' Emails
Ever since you and your drivers have started using the fuel cards, you have also been receiving emails called "WHICH OF MY CARDS DID NOT WORK YESTERDAY" during the morning hours on weekdays. These emails communicate the reason(s) why a driver may have faced difficulty using the card(s) the day before or over the weekend.
Here’s a quick and easy refresher on how to read those emails, starting with explaining what each of the 8 column headers mean:
- Site: This is the number that is associated with the fuel station.
- Card: The last 7 digits of the card used at the time of transaction. If your account is set under the Floating Pin system, this section will display the Driver Number.
- Jobber: The number that is assigned to your fuel card marketer or issuer.
- Acct: The number that is assigned to your account.
- Date: The date that the attempted transaction took place.
- Time: The local time of the fuel station that the attempted transaction took place.
- AuthCode: Can be ignored, as it is a deprecated function.
- Approval Status: Explains why the transaction was denied.
Denials: What They Mean and How to Prevent Them
The different Approval Statuses or reasons why the card was denied are all preventable by taking simple steps. A few seconds of planning and verifying that the card settings are properly set before the driver leaves will mostly ensure your driver fueling with no issues.
Below are the most common explanations and the possible causes, and how to fix and prevent them:
Guides for the CFN Customer Portal
You can log on to the CFN Customer Portal with the Access Codes we provided and quickly see why your drivers are having a hard time when fueling, address the problem, and get them back on the road. Click on the Step-by-Step Guides button below to learn how to use the Authorizations Menu and fix the most common denials.
If you need help remembering your login credentials, or need us to provide access to someone in your team to these guides to use the CFN Customer Portal, please email us or call us. In less than 10 minutes, we will provide or generate the credentials.