Practical suggestions to follow to not be a victim of fuel card fraud:
- If time allows it, choose to Pay inside the C-Store Vs. paying at the fuel pump.
- If you need to pay the Fuel Pump, then, pay to the one closest to the building, or the one that is most illuminated.
- Avoid using a debit card, use a credit card, or even better use an ENERGIE·FUEL card, that:
- We can program to generate FRAUD ALERTS directly to you and your Team
- We can program to text or email you the Fuel Receipt, *real time
- We can customize by Fuel Product (Diesel, Regular, Mid-Grade, Premium)
- We can customize by fuel tank size
- We can block non-desired fuel sites, and or other US states where you don’t have intentions of fueling
- We can get you a competitive price on your fuel
- Develop the practice of revising your bank statements and/or energie·fuel card statements
- We recommend you designate a card only for your Fuel Transactions, hopefully you choose US. We will help you create and manage a safe fuel card account and we’ll throw Fraud Protection on top of it.
Here’s a cool video we found on YouTube regarding skimming, we hope you enjoy it:
Chris @ Energie Fuel